These chocolate peppermint cookies are both vegan and gluten-free friendly, chocolatey, dipped in (or drizzled with) white chocolate, infused with peppermint, and sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy canes! They truly are the perfect cookie for the holiday season!
- 1/2 cup vegan butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate chips + 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, vanilla extract, peppermint extract, and 1/4 cup melted chocolate.
Add almond flour, cacao powder, salt, and arrowroot powder to the bowl and mix to combine. Fold in 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
Use a cookie scoop to grab about 2 tablespoonfuls of the dough and place them on the cookie sheet, leaving at least 2 inches apart from one another. Flatten with the dough with your fingers.
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to set and crackle.
Remove from the oven and allow cookies to cool for 5 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Once cookies have completely cooled, they are ready for dipping! Place white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small pot and place over low heat, stirring until chocolate is melted and smooth. You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave by placing the chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until chocolate is melted.
Once ready, dip cookies halfway in chocolate, then place them back on the cooling rack or onto wax paper or parchment paper to prevent sticking. Sprinkle chocolate with the crushed peppermint candy canes.
- Place cookies in the fridge for about 30 minutes allowing the chocolate to harden before enjoying!
- Category: Sweets, Cookies, Holiday
- Method: Baking
Keywords: chocolate peppermint cookies, holiday cookies, vegan cookies, gluten-free cookies