These Chocolate Dipped Lemon Madeleines have a nice lemon flavor, slightly crispy on the outside and insanely spongy and soft on the inside. They are then dipped in melted chocolate to create delicious butter cakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 8 tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1, 2.64 oz Beyond Good Pure Dark Chocolate Bar
- Melt the butter in a medium bowl. Whisk together the melted butter with the vanilla extract, cane sugar, honey, lemon juice and zest, and the eggs.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the bowl and mix with a spatula to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and chill the dough for about 1 hour. Do not skip this step.
- Prepare the madeleine pans by brushing the wells with 2 tbsp of melted butter. Sift about 1/4 cup of flour on top and then tap the pans to remove any excess flour.
- After the dough has chilled, place a plastic bag in a cup and wrap the edges around it. Spoon the chilled dough inside the bag, and then grab the outside of the bag to push down the dough. Cut one end and pipe the dough right into the indentations of the prepared pan. Do not overfill the wells with too much dough.
- Bake the madeleines at 400°F for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden brown. They burn easily, so I recommend checking them at 9 minutes and then deciding if they need to stay in an extra minute or two.
- Once the madeleines are done baking, let them cool for 5 minutes and then tap the long-edge side with the rounded edge of the cookies pointing down. Gently tap until all cookies slide off.
- Continue cooling the cookies on a wire rack and melt the chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave stirring in increments until melted. Dip the rounded edge of each cookie into it the chocolate and then lay the madeleines back onto the wire rack to allow the chocolate to harden before serving fully.
- Category: Sweets, Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: New American-Inspired
Keywords: madeleines, lemon madeleines, chocolate dipped cookies, cookies, lemon flavored, breakfast cookies,