This Chocolate Chia Mousse is refined sugar-free, dairy-free, and packed with protein and nutrients. Perfect for dessert, or a decadent snack.
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 1/4 cups nut milk (almond or cashew)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (or sub vanilla bean powder)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or unsweetened cocoa powder)
- pomegranate seeds
- coconut whip cream
- cacao nibs
- coconut flakes
- Sift the cacao powder over a glass bowl to remove clumps. Whisk in the salt, vanilla extract, maple syrup, cacao powder, and 2 cups nut milk.
- Add the chia seeds to the bowl and whisk to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 1.5 hours until the chia seeds have absorbed the liquid.
- Add Chia Pudding to a blender and add 1/4 cup nut milk. Blend until smooth and thick.
- ** Taste the mixture to see if it’s to your liking. If you want more of a chocolate flavor, add 1 tbsp at a time. If you need more vanilla flavor, add 1/4 tsp more. If you want more sweetness, add 1/2 tbsp of maple syrup at a time.
- Transfer the mousse to serving dishes and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Serve with preferred toppings: pomegranate seeds, coconut whip cream, cacao nibs, and coconut flakes.
Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Category: Sweets
Keywords: pomegranate recipes, healthy mousse recipes, healthy chocolate mousse recipes, chia mousse recipes