Last year, my Uncle Denny was in town and as we sat around the table laughing and telling jokes, he brought over a round of amazing and decadent Chocolate-martinis!! This turned out to be my favorite dessert martini by far! It was super delicious and decadent and after a second round, I still couldn’t get enough of it! After deciding to share it on here, I was looking at the ingredients I noticed that one of them was not vegan-friendly! I was super bummed but was determined to make a vegan-friendly version! After thinking of what to use, I whipped up a homemade sweetened chocolate almond milk and it was the perfect addition! This martini was even better than the original! It resulted in a smooth sweet treat with a boozy kick! This martini is rich, not too chocolatey and is the perfect drink to ‘woo’ someone special!
This drink can be made with store-bought almond milk, but I definitely recommend making this homemade sweetened chocolate almond milk! This drink is super rich and decadent and is naturally sweetened with dates! If you prefer to make it richer, I would add 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder at a time. I hope you all love this drink as much as we do!
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
Chocolate Almond Martini
- 2 tablespoons Crème de Cacao liqueur
- 4 tablespoons sweetened chocolate almond milk *
- 2 tablespoons Stoli Vanilla Premium vodka
- 2 tablespoons Frangelico Hazelnut liqueur
- optional 1 teaspoon coconut oil and 2 tablespoons dark chocolate **
- optional cacao powder for dusting ***
- Place all ingredients in a martini shaker and add crush ice. Shake and pour into a martini glass to enjoy!
* to make the sweetened chocolate almond milk:
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked 8 hours or overnight
- 2 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Blend almonds and filtered water until smooth. In a cheese cloth, strain the almond milk and put back in the blender.
2) Blend the remaining ingredients together until smooth. Transfer milk to a mason jar to store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
** to make a chocolate layer on top of the martini glass, melt the coconut oil and chocolate over a double-boiler or in the microwave. Smear the melted chocolate on a plate and dip the glass on top and place in the freezer to firm up before using.
*** after the martini is poured in the glass, dust the top with cacao powder.