Last year, my Uncle Denny was in town, and as we sat around the table laughing and telling jokes, he brought over a round of amazing and decadent Chocolate-martinis!! This turned out to be my favorite dessert martini by far! It was super delicious and decadent, and after a second round, I still couldn’t get enough of it! After deciding to share it on here, I was looking at the ingredients I noticed that one of them was not vegan-friendly! I was super bummed but was determined to make a vegan-friendly version! After thinking of what to use, I whipped up a homemade sweetened chocolate almond milk, and it was the perfect addition! This martini was even better than the original! It resulted in a smooth sweet treat with a boozy kick! This martini is rich, not too chocolatey and is the perfect drink to ‘woo’ someone special!
This drink can be made with store-bought almond milk, but I recommend making this homemade sweetened chocolate almond milk! This drink is super rich and decadent and is naturally sweetened with dates! If you prefer to make it richer, I would add 1/2 teaspoon cacao powder at a time. I hope you all love this drink as much as we do!
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
If you try this recipe, share feedback on what you think! Leave a comment below and rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo and tag #eatlovenamaste on Instagram! 🙂
Chocolate Almond Martini
This Chocolate Almond Martini is decadent and chocolatey! It's the perfect drink for those special occasions!
- 2 tbsp Crème de Cacao liqueur
- 4 tbsp sweetened chocolate almond milk *
- 2 tbsp Stoli Vanilla Premium vodka
- 2 tbsp Frangelico Hazelnut liqueur
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate ** optional
- cacao powder for dusting, optional
Add all ingredients in a martini shaker and add crush ice, and give it a few shakes.
Pour into a martini glass and top with cacao or cocoa powder before serving!
* To make the sweetened chocolate almond milk:
- 1/2 cup almonds, soaked 8 hours or overnight
- 2 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the almonds, dates, and cacao powder, vanilla extract, and filtered water to a high-processed blender and blend until smooth.
2. Strain almond milk with a nut milk bag over a bowl and transfer milk to a mason/milk jar to store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
** to make a chocolate layer on top of the martini glass, melt the chocolate over a double-boiler or in the microwave (mixing in increments). Smear the melted chocolate on a plate and dip the glass on top and place in the freezer to firm up before using.