These Candy Cane Shortbread Cookies are vegan and topped with chocolate and broken pieces of peppermint candy canes!
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (soft, not melted)
- 5 Tbsp nut milk (Room temperature)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate (Melted )
- 1 peppermint candy cane (Crushed)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add wet ingredients (sugar, oil, extract and, nut milk) to a bowl and mix with a whisk.
- Add flour and salt to wet ingredients in increments and mix with a spatula until a dough forms.
- Roll dough into a log and cover with plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes to firm.
- Remove from refrigerator and cut cookies into 1/4 inch thick and place on the lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown on the edges. Let rest on a pan for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool.
- While cookies are cooling, melt chocolate over a double boiler or in the microwave mixing in increments over 1 minute.
- Dip the cool shortbread cookie into the melted chocolate and sprinkle the crushed peppermint on top. Place cookies in a refrigerator to harden the chocolate for 5 minutes before enjoying!
- Category: Sweets
- Method: Baking
Keywords: peppermint candy cookies, shortbread cookies, vegan cookies, vegan