This Pumpkin Hummus requires 10-ingredients and is super creamy, delicious, flavorful, and perfect for the fall!
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée (1 pumpkin)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas (rinsed)
- Juice of 1 lemon (2 tablespoons)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or sub avocado oil (plus more for cooking the pumpkin)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 – 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- pinch of salt and pepper (plus more to taste)
- Pita Bread/Chips
- Raw or Roasted Veggies
Homemade Pumpkin Purée:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and carefully use a sharp knife to halve the pumpkin lengthwise. Scoop out seeds, place the halved pumpkins on a rimmed baking dish faced down with 1/4 cup of water, and cover with foil. Bake for 30 minutes covered, then remove the foil and bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is fork-tender and golden brown on the edges. Set aside.
- Add 1/2 cup of pumpkin purée (you may have leftover pumpkin based on how big the pumpkin is), garlic, tahini, chickpeas, lemon juice, oil, salt, pepper, and cumin to a food processor.
- Purée until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed and adding more oil or maple syrup (for sweetness) if too thick. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Top the hummus with pepitas, additional oil, and cayenne pepper, and serve immediately with crackers, veggies, and/or pita bread/chips.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator, up to 5 days.
- Category: Appetizer, Dip, Side
- Method: Baking
Keywords: Hummus, Pumpkin, Pumpkin Hummus, Fall Appetizer, Appetizer, Vegan