Easy 1-pan Berbere-Spiced Lentils Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a hearty, warming, and flavorful plant-based meal!
- 1 sweet onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (diced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp berbere seasoning
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1, 15 oz canned tomato sauce
- curly parsley (chopped)
- tahini dressing
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes with a sharp knife to allow the steam to escape.
- Place the sweet potatoes directly on the oven rack for 45 minutes, or until fork-tender. (Time will vary depending on the size of the sweet potato).
- In the meantime, add the olive oil to a sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the diced onions and red bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes until fragrant. Add in the minced garlic and season with the berbere spice blend and a pinch of salt. Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, and rinsed lentils. Sir and bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed and lentils are tender.
- To serve, split open baked sweet potatoes and gently press inwards on both ends to allow room for toppings. Fill each sweet potato with the berbere-spiced lentils mixture, and top with parsley and tahini dressing.
- Best when fresh; leftovers stored separately in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
- Category: Entree, Side
- Method: Baking
Keywords: berbere spiced lentils, sweet potato recipes