Usually, when I am cooking or baking, I am either listening to music, the news or a podcast. The other day, I was in the mood to listen to Michael Jackson. I started playing his classic hits and then ‘Beat it” came on (one of my favorites). While I started dancing and singing, that’s when it hit me → beet-it brownies! And Oh-My-GOODNESS am I’m glad that I thought of these because beats and chocolate are super delicious together! Before you cringe or make a ‘yuck face,’ you have to try it!
These brownie bites are completely vegan, made with wholesome ingredients and are truly delicious! They can be the perfect decadent treat for Valentine’s Day (or any other day of course!) because they have chocolate for one (a girl’s best friend) and they are little bites, duh! These bites are super moist and chocolatey inside, has zero beet taste (just gives a lovely red color) and easy to take to your loved ones; or to share at work! I hope you all love these! They are truly a decadent treat!
Until next time friends, Namaste. ♥
Beet Brownie Bites
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 2 tablespoons filtered water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (but not hot)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup beet puree about 2 beets*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder or sub cocoa powder + more for dusting
- 1 cup flour
- optional - 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- optional - 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- Powder sugar for dusting
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a 24 mini-cupcake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- Mix the ground flax seed with the water and set aside to sit for at least 5 minutes, until the mixture becomes sticky.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the coconut sugar, vanilla extract, coconut oil, beet puree and flax seed mixture until incorporated.
- To break up any clumps in the dry ingredients, carefully sift the flour, salt, baking powder, cinnamon and cacao powder in the mixing bowl. Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until incorporated. Add in (optional) chopped walnuts and/or chopped chocolate and mix until coated.
- Add 1 teaspoon of brownie mixture to each hole of the cupcake pan. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place the brownie bites on a rack to cool. Eat as is or sift powder sugar and/or cacao powder on top before eating. Enjoy!