These mini Beet Brownie Bites are completely vegan, made with wholesome ingredients, and delicious!
Usually, when I am cooking or baking, I am either listening to music, the news, or a podcast. The other day, I was in the mood to listen to Michael Jackson. I started playing his classic hits, and then ‘Beat it” came on (one of my favorites). While I started dancing and singing, that’s when it hit me → beet-it brownies! And Oh-My-GOODNESS, am I’m glad that I thought of these because beets and chocolate are super delicious together! Before you cringe or make a ‘yuck face,’ you have to try it!
Beet Brownie Bites Ingredients:
- Flax egg – helps with the binding and makes the mini brownie bites.
- Coconut oil (or sub another neutral oil such as sunflower)
- Coconut sugar
- Beet puree – you will need to have two cooked beets to blend up to a smooth puree.
- Vanilla extract – adds additional flavor to the brownie bites.
- Spices: salt and cinnamon – cinnamon brings out the chocolate more.
- Baking powder – helps with rising.
- Cacao powder (or sub cocoa powder) – for that chocolatey flavor.
- All-purpose flour
- Optional ingredients: Add walnuts and/or chocolate chips to the inside for more texture. Use powder sugar for dusting.
Store these mini brownie bites in a container at room temperature for up to 4 days. I also like to microwave up the leftover brownies before enjoying them. It makes the inside soft, and if you added chocolate chips inside, those would melt again. YUM!
These beet brownie bites are completely vegan, made with wholesome ingredients, and are truly delicious! They can be the perfect decadent treat for Valentine’s Day (or any other day, of course!) because they have chocolate for one (a girl’s best friend), and they are little bites, duh!
These brownie bites are super moist and chocolatey inside, have zero beet taste (gives them a lovely red color), and are easy to take to your loved ones; or share at work! I hope you all love these! They are truly a decadent treat! Enjoy!
Want more beet inspired treats? Be sure to check out our Velvety Beetroot & Raspberry Smoothie – It’s a delicious one!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.