This Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breast is easy to make, super flavorful, and tender! Serve with bell pepper salsa and couscous, and you have yourself a healthy and delicious low-carb dinner! Y’all are going to love this recipe!
I love this balsamic chicken recipe because it is a great go-to dinner on a busy weeknight for two main reasons: it requires minimal ingredients, and it’s ready in about 30 minutes!
Ingredients you’ll need to make this Balsamic Marinated Chicken Breast Recipe:
- Chicken Breast
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Spices: dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Lemon juice
- Bell Pepper or Sweet Peppers – we like to use red, yellow, or orange peppers. They are juicier in flavor.
- Fresh basil leaves
- Couscous – We like RiceSelect Traditional Moroccan Couscous. They are light and fluffy and absorb a ton of flavor.
The best part of this recipe is the balsamic vinegar marinade. While the chicken is cooking and the peppers are getting soft and tender, the balsamic vinegar reduces in size and becomes syrupy and sweet in flavor. It’s so good!
The key to making a sweet and rich sauce is by using quality balsamic vinegar. We like to use Colavita Balsamic Vinegar of Modena. It has great flavor, and it’s perfect for this Balsamic Marinated Chicken recipe!
Tips for making this recipe:
- To reduce the cooking time, either cut the chicken breast into cutlets and then use a meat tenderizer tool before marinating the chicken. It’s one of my favorite tricks for reducing cooking time. Plus, tenderizing also improves the texture and the taste.
- Sear one side of the chicken breast for about 5-7 minutes on medium-high heat, then add the bell peppers and simmer everything together on medium-low heat until the chicken is done.
We like to serve the balsamic chicken breast and bell pepper salsa over couscous. Couscous is super light and quick to make, plus it soaks up the sauce perfectly. Don’t forget to top your finished meal with some fresh basil and a squirt of lemon juice before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How long does this balsamic chicken recipe take to make: We like to marinate our chicken for about 30 minutes before cooking. This is optional, but we do recommend it if you have the time. It makes the chicken very moist and flavorful after it’s cooked. Otherwise, it takes about 5 minutes to chop up the veggies, 7 minutes to make couscous, and takes about 15 minutes to cook everything.
- How to store leftovers and reheat: Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop until hot.
- Bariatric Friendly Recommendations: Skip out on the couscous or measure the couscous amount as 1 cup of cooked couscous is 36 grams of carbohydrates. We recommend 1/4 cup per serving to keep this meal low-carb.
This is truly a great recipe! It’s healthy, full of flavor, and quick and easy to make. We hope you all enjoy it! ♡
If you love this recipe, try one of these healthy dinner recipes:
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.