This Baked Feta Pasta with Lemon Pepper Chicken is my spin on TikTok’s famous baked feta pasta recipe! It’s flavorful, low-carb friendly, balanced, and delicious!
- 7–oz block of feta cheese
- 1, 1/2 pounds cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp salt and black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small shallot, about 1 tsp minced
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of chopped broccolini
- 3–4 zucchini and yellow squash to make spiralized noodles
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- Grated Parmesan cheese to serve
Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- 2, 7-oz chicken breast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Step 1: Make the yummy sauce: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Add tomatoes, broccolini, garlic, shallot to a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and toss together with the seasoning and olive oil. Place the block of feta cheese in the center and then bake for about 30-35 minutes until the tomatoes have burst and are nice and juicy.
- Make the pasta: Spiralize the zucchini and yellow squash into spaghetti noodles and cook them in salted boiling water to make the noodles tender. This process takes about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Make the Lemon Pepper Chicken: Marinate 2 chicken breasts in 2 tbsp of olive oil, 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 1 tsp of lemon zest, 2 tsp of black pepper, and 1 tsp of salt for about 25 minutes. Transfer marinated chicken to a pan over medium heat and cook on 1 side for about 7 minutes and flip to continue cooking until doneness (about 5-7 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breast). Remove from the pan and shred with two forks and then transfer back to the pan to soak up any remaining juice.
- Putting it all together: Once the tomatoes have burst and become juicy, mix everything together to make the yummy sauce. Add in the shredded lemon pepper chicken and the cooked zucchini noodles and toss to combine.
- Time to Serve: Add fresh basil and parmesan cheese on top before serving!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Best the next day because the flavor tends to develop more overnight. Reheat in the oven, microwave, or stovetop; whichever way is easiest for you.
- Category: Entree
- Method: Baking, Sauté
- Cuisine: Italian-Inspired
Keywords: baked feta pasta, feta cheese, Chardonnay wine pairing, pasta, low-carb, chicken, lemon pepper chicken