An easy 5-Minute Harissa Cashew Sauce that requires 7 ingredients! The perfect, creamy sauce for chips, tacos, wraps, and much more!
- 2 cup cashews (soaked 4 hours)
- 1 1/2–2 cup filtered water
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tbsp lemon juice (~2 lemons)
- 2 tsp harissa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt (plus more to taste)
- Place cashews, garlic clove, and jalapeno in a food processor, or blender along with the lemon juice, harissa powder, salt and 1 cup water.
- Process/blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Thin with water (1/4 cup at a time) until thick and creamy sauce forms.
- Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more harissa powder or jalapeno for heat, or lemon juice for acidity.
- Transfer to a serving container and enjoy immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 5 days.
- Category: Sauce, Dip
- Cuisine: New American-Inspired
Keywords: cashews, cashew sauce, harissa, harissa cashew sauce, vegan