These 1-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins are vegan, rich, moist, and decadent; aka, the perfect chocolatey treat for breakfast or dessert!
When we visit my mom, she always tries to spoil us. She gets these huge Costco muffins that are rich and chocolatey. If you go to Costco, you know what muffins I am referring to. They are HUGE, moist, and, yes I never leave a crumb behind!
Since we will be visiting my mom this upcoming weekend, I made some vegan chocolate chip muffins inspired by Fall (aka, the 90-degree Fall weather we’re having in Pennsylvania). I added 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin purée to the batter and voila, we have ourselves these 1-bowl pumpkin chocolate chip muffins!
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffin Ingredients:
- Flax egg – to make these muffins vegan.
- Coconut oil, or sub another neutral oil like sunflower oil.
- Cane sugar – Gives these muffins the perfect sweetness.
- Pumpkin purée – Helps with binding and makes these muffins super moist.
- Vanilla extract – adds extra flavor.
- Spices: salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Cacao powder, or sub cocoa powder for that chocolatey flavor.
- Baking powder – to help with rising.
- All-purpose flour, unbleached.
- Chocolate chips (use Lilys for vegan option).
These 1-bowl pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are super decadent and have a subtle flavor of pumpkin pie; basically, they are mouth-watering delicious! I wouldn’t recommend eating one by itself for breakfast since these are super-rich. If you do and you’re drinking coffee, you might be bouncing off the walls. We hope you all love these muffins!
If you make this recipe, please share feedback and leave a rating (below). This helps our readers and us. – Thanks! xx Jake & TraceyPrint
This post contains affiliate links.