If there is one thing I would make each week, it’s hummus! Hummus is filling, can be a tasty snack or even a great addition to a homemade meal! My favorite type of hummus is a creamy hummus! Making homemade hummus is super easy too! Once you make it and taste how delicious it is, I guarantee you will pass on the hummus in the grocery aisle! In this post, I made three different hummus recipes. The first is an original hummus recipe that has a creamy consistency, which is my go-to, everyday hummus! It has become a staple in our home for wholesome snacking, but the hummus can be added to wraps, sandwiches, salads, or buddha bowls!
Second on the list is for those cold/wintery days and it’s the roasted carrots hummus! Every bite of this hummus has warmth and spice to it; making it the perfect addition to warmer meals. For those warmer days, the third recipe is the green goddess hummus and it’s definitely a must! It’s super refreshing from all the fresh greens and herbs and it’s the perfect addition to salads or cold wraps/sandwiches!
These recipes are super simple to make as it uses the original hummus ingredients as the base. The flavors are pure mouth-watering and they are very versatile with different dishes and I hope you all love them!
Until next time friends, Namaste ♥
- 1, 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- Juice of 1-2 lemons (4 tablespoons)
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup warm filtered water
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper + more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt + more to taste
- 5-7 carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- pinch of garlic powder
- 2 pinches of onion powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil br]
- 1-2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup packed fresh basil
- ¼ cup packed fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in a high-processed blender and blend until creamy. Add more salt and black pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with foil and set aside. Add the carrots to the baking sheet with the spices and herbs and two tablespoons oil. Toss the carrots together until well coated. Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender with a fork. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Make the original hummus by blending all ingredients together. Add the roasted carrots and two additional tablespoons oil to the blender and blend until the hummus is creamy.
- Make the original hummus by blending all ingredients together. Add the spinach, basil, and parsley to the blender and blend until the hummus is creamy.