When we visit my mom, she always tries to spoil us, and she gets those huge Costco muffins that are rich and chocolatey. If you go to Costco, you know what muffins I am referring to. They are HUGE, moist and, yes I never leave a crumb behind!
Since we will be visiting my mom this upcoming weekend, I made some vegan ones inspired by Fall (aka, the 90-degree Fall weather we’re having in Pennsylvania). Added 1/2 cup of organic pumpkin purée to the batter and voila, 1-bowl pumpkin chocolate chip muffins! These muffins are super decadent and have a subtle flavor of pumpkin pie; basically, they are mouth-watering delicious! I wouldn’t recommend eating one by itself for breakfast since these are super rich. If you do and you’re drinking coffee, you might be bouncing off the walls. 😉 I hope you all love these!
Until next time friends, Namaste! ♥
If you try this recipe, let us know what you think! Leave a comment below and rate it, and don’t forget to tag a photo #eatlovenamaste on Instagram! 🙂
1-Bowl Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon flaxseed + 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted (not hot)
- 3/4 cup cane sugar turbinado
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unbleached white flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips vegan: Lilys
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and mix 1 tablespoon of flaxseed with two tablespoons of water in a bowl; sit for 5 minutes until thick like paste.
- To the same bowl, mix in the sugar, pumpkin purée, melted coconut oil, and the vanilla extract using a whisk.
- Sift in the cacao powder and flour to remove any lumps. Next, add the baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix by using a spatula until incorporated. Stir in the chocolate chips and divide the batter into the muffin tins, filling closely to the top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool for a couple of minutes in the muffin tins before removing to cool on a rack.